Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Day 34: Extra Salsa on the side

Carol:
After 4.5 plates of food each, the night before at the Hong Kong Buffet, one would think that Colin and I wouldnt want breakfast. One would be wrong. We woke up ravenous for the continental breakfast. As Colin has noticed, Ive been a protein fiend lately, reading the labels of granola bars and yogurt cups to maximize my protein intake. After I had sufficiently scavenged the continental breakfast for eggs and peanut butter, we were on our way to Illinois City. At the post office, we picked up a package from Colin's parents  (thanks Bob and Nancy!) And mailed our winter clothes home.
Colin rode back to Muscatine to await the arrival of his new rack from Salsa, while I parked myself at a picnic bench. For the next 4 hours, I immersed myself in the book, Child 44. If you have a penchant for mysteries, get it now! It's been an amazing read so far.
Colin received confirmation that Salsa would replace the rack under warranty and quickly installed it, in time to meet up with me at 4pm. We headed out to Cambridge, IL to meet our Warmshowers hosts, John and Stephanie. 8 miles out from Cambridge, we found a massive roadblock in our way. Colin and I attempted to walk our bikes around it, only to find a massive 8feet deep pit in the ground. Luckily, a woman came out of her house to tell us how to reroute over the railroad tracks. Once in Cambridge we were treated to a private bathroom and eagerly awaited our next full day of riding.

56 miles
2261 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment