Friday, May 6, 2016

Day 2: Eastward Bound!

Carol:

We woke up at 7am to the breakfast of Champions: oatmeal cooked with coffee grounds. Talk about efficient cooking! We stopped by the beach on the way out for the ceremonial dipping of the rear wheel in the Pacific Ocean. If you listened carefully I'd swear the seagulls were singing us on our way. Goodbye Olympic Mountains!

After climbing many hills, we arrived at Deception Pass. We locked our bikes up and had lunch overlooking the bridge that connects Whidby Island to Fidalgo Island. When crossing the bridge, one can see the sound on either side. A sight I wont soon forget!
After a few more miles on US 20, we started the eastbound portion of our trip! Those of you who know my love of efficiency can only imagine how excited I was to be heading in the right direction! Crossing the bridge on the mainland, I saw the Cascades up ahead and Pandilla Bay to my right and left. I definitely felt spoiled by the views today.
Thankfully, the ACA maps kept us off the highway for most of the ride and we wete able to pass through the cute downtowns of Burlington and Sedro-Woolley. Along the way we saw golden eagles and llamas. Camping tonight at Rascar State Park with a fancy dinner pictured below. The adventure continues tomorrow!

65 miles.

125 miles total.

No comments:

Post a Comment