Tuesday, April 19, 2016

You're doing what?!

Carol here - It's interesting the responses I get from people when I tell them that Colin and I are riding our bikes across the country. Some people totally get it and are incredibly excited for us. Others are confused and can't understand why we'd want to go through such a physically taxing activity. For the second group of folks, a few reasons I have include:

  • It'll be a great way to clear my head and meditate on big picture questions before starting school this fall. 
  • What better way to see the country than by feeling every ditch, every hill with your pedals and wheels?
  • It'll be a great way to practice minimalism - you don't really know what you need in life, unless you're willing to carry it 4000+ miles
  • How freeing it is to carry your home on your bike and rest whenever, wherever you want?!
  • It's an adventure!
See ya on the other side!

No comments:

Post a Comment