Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Previous Adventures


Carol here: Since I am a city kid through and through and have only gone camping 3 times in my life (one of which was car glamping), people often ask me how I worked up to a cross-country bike camping trip. I owe my intrepid attitude to Colin, who has been an excellent partner in working me up from day-rides to long weekend trips. Below are a few of our bike adventures in the last few years that got me ready for our big trip this summer!

Nice afternoon ride to the National Mall. April 2014.


Rode our bikes to ziplining. August 2014.

Colin outside 2Amys. July 2015. 
We took our friends, Angelica and Bobby, for a quick jaunt around town by road bike. 
We quickly learned that the best way to motivate me up any hill is with the promise of pizza. 
Mount Vernon. May 2015. 
On our way to Harper's Ferry. September 2015.

Judging from my facial expression, I think we're close to Harper's Ferry. September 2015. 
Spent the day riding around Antietam. September 2015 .



















3 comments:

  1. Reminds me of Kung Fu Panda for some reason...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who the hell is headstonehunter??? I must have created that a long time ago. Now you have a mystery to deal with. Bwahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may or may not be crying as I read your blog.

    ReplyDelete